Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Birthday tribute =]



Wrote this last year and posted it as one of my facebook notes. I really like this though, so I'm reposting it in my blog as a tribute to me turning 20! Woo hoo! Happy Birthday to me!!! =]

Just a thought

Life is so fleeting and subtle. With every new year one is left exclaiming, "Wow! When did I get so old?" Only a fool would try to grasp life with an iron hand. I'm not sayin one should grow weary of it, but what I am saying is: it is appointed once for a man to live and then die. So then what? Is it worth it to gain the world and yet lose your soul; to store up earthly treasures only to one day be forced from them, or watch them deplete away? I have thus conluded that one should live to love. For although life comes and goes, love is everlasting; and although many have lived, only a few have learned to love. The second greatest commandment mind you, after loving the Lord with all your heart, is to love your neighbor as yourself. People have made this saying mundane and ordinary when in fact such a feat is quite extraordinary! And for those of you who don't understand why, the perfect definition of love can be found in: 1 Corinthians 13:4.  Because we have one shot at life, I would say we should live it to the fullest and blah blah blah, but we've all heard that before. Instead I will suggest we spend it glorifying God; for whatever brings glory to God is always in essence both true and pure; love being the purest of things, and truth being eternal =]

No comments:

Post a Comment