Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Not even funny!

Tell me why you guys I got a library fine for $28? What in the world?!?!?!?! Okay, so what had happened was I loaned out the whole Lord of the Rings trilogy that I checked out from the library to my aunt because she told me she'd never read them and was really wanting to. I myself did the sacrificial thing of letting her hold the books first before rechecking them out so I could read them. I specifically told her she had 2 weeks to get as far as she could then she'd have to hand them back. Umm... on my part I forgot about the books after this lol. So a month or so later, I get a called from the library reminding me of the books and the fine. I hang up with the librarian shocked and immediately call my aunt.

Me: Oh MY GOODNESS, I need those books back now
Aunt: What books?
Me: The books I gave you like three months ago!!! I already have a $28 fine! That's more than I spend a month!!!
Aunt: (Sincerely) I don't know what you are talking about?
Me: Lord of the Rings, Aunt!!!!!!!
Aunt: Ohhhhhh....I gave those books to Claudia. She hasn't read them yet.
Me: Ok, well could you please get those books back ASAP?
Aunt: Sorry dear, Claudia will be in Dallas for 2 weeks. She has a business trip.

Yup. And that is how my story ends! So now I'm going to have to wait for 2 weeks until Claudia (who btw I don't even know) gets back from Dallas. The fine will come to maybe around $40. My Aunt hasn't even offered to pay a cent yet! Guess I'm gonna be broke for a while there. =[


Moral of the story: Never loan things out to people!!! Especially if they black!!! SMH!

But then again, it's just my luck.








No comments:

Post a Comment